Sunday 28 June 2009

30th May 2009 Cycle Plus Sportif Donnington


I'd pre booked this one some months before

Home from work we (Ali Luke & Finley) headed off in Ruby to Castle Donnigton Circuit for a night of Camping. I expected traffic but in the event we arived in good time. Some supper, a beer of two, and after watching a few planes come in we retired fro the night.
I was up early on a beautiful sunny day to join 1000 other riders (including Gaeme Obrey) on the 60 or 100 mile ride. I knew this one would be hilly so opted for the shorter trip. The first 30 miles were glorious as we climbed up onto the dales. The next 20 were even better as we whooshed downwards at a good pase(averaging ~17mph over this section). Things got tougher as we turned east into a stiff breeze for the final section back. I had some problems with my feet/hands - mainly pins & needles over this section. However it was thrilling to start & finish this ride actually on the smooth circuit!
57.5m 3h 48m at 15.2mph 3500ft of climb

No comments: