Sunday 28 June 2009

10th May 2009 CLASSIC OXFORDSHIRE



Drove down in 'Ruby' on saturday night to camp near the start

This Sunday was warm & bright & as planned I met up with Darren - who was on the London-Paris cycle with me & Sam in June 2007.

What a lovely ride this was - warm & bright without any significant hills we cycled east past Wallingford, then North & East through pleasant country lanes. After 45 miles of easy cycling we stopped for a beer in Sparsholt. The last 15 miles were done at a fare pace & I finished with energy to spare & increased confidence in my stamina.
61m 3h58m at 15.3mph
It was good to chat to Darren again & I have plans to go up & do the Manchester-Blackpool cycle on 12/7/09...





Pleased with progress so far - On my old bike I could only average 12.5mph at best..

1 comment:

Sam Shackleton said...

Good stuff. Nice average speeds.