Thursday 20 August 2009

20/8/09 back in the saddle

Felt strange to go three whole days without a cycle!!
Battled out against a strong wind on my Rothwell-Harrington circuit passing the Kettering CC time trialers coming the opposite way. Felt easy & comfortable, so I pushed it on the last few miles home.
Getting all my stuff together & plotting the route. I'm not quite sure how the navigation works but I sure as hell want the whole route in my Garmin. If there's technical problems etc it might be easy to get left behind...I do not want to wast time in getting lost.
A BIG THANK YOU to everyone who has sponsored me so far...the total is building up nicely.

I've been asked about my saddle (!) In fact I'm just using the Bontrager one that came with the bike. Once I'd fiddled about with the height & angle of dangle, it's been very comfortable. I did consider the Brooks leather but just haven't felt it necessary.
16.5m 1h3m at 15.6mph

No comments: