Monday 20 July 2009

19-20/7/09 Back on the Horse again!


Good to be back on Belle again after a short hiatus

Mon 20/7/09 Flying to Crete in the morning so got up early & set off into stiff westerly wind on a bright slightly nippy morning. Battled my way to Lutterworth, not enjoying the Monday morning traffic as I took a breather at the 'Jet' roundabout. On the way back it felt like the wind had turned 180 degrees, but I think it was more the heaviness in my legs. Anyway I raced back the last 10 miles feeling confident again. First job on return was to send off the balance of the payment to DiscoverAdventure I'M COMMITTED to this madness now..there's no turning back!
Also booked train to London on 31/8 - having already secured a berth on the 1306 to Penzance from Paddington. The bike's coming home in a courier box whilst I fly back from Inverness to Luton!
49.7m 3h12m at 15.5mph
Sunday 19/7/09 Decided to head Northeast via Brigstock through Corby & back via Pipwell/Rushton. Lovely day - legs felt good. Back still stiff.
27.8m 1h43m at 16.2mph

Total Mileage 2009 = 1203 miles (probably another 100 during time Garmin was 'lost')

No comments: