Wednesday 29 July 2009

29/7/09 back to the rain...


Spent a lovely week in Crete - mostly 35deg C + and not a cloud in sight. No bike either and 'all inclusive' means plenty of local 'Zorba-Beer' and too much food. I tried to get as many melons & oranges into me.

So it was nice to head out on 'Belle' agin this morning. The rain was coming in & the second half was pissing down but the wind was at my back. Headed north up through Rothwell, continuing onto Harrington & down to Lamport, returning vie Walgrave & Old. I had wanted to do 30m+ but the conditions were pretty bad & my legs a bit lazy so felt it best not to overdo the distance.

Plan to work hard in the next 20days leading up to the 82m 'Woodcote' SouthernSportive on 16/8/09.

The tickets to Penzance & flight home from Inverness (+ currier for the bike) are all booked.

Just need to keep up & improve my fitness
22.4m in 1h48m at a slower 12.3mph

No comments: